I explore the history of XXXX Ale. Is it Mild Ale or Old Ale?
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For locations inside Europe.
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For the USA, Canada, Australia and other locations outside Europe.
Make your birthday special - by brewing a beer originally made on that date.
For a mere 25 euros, I'll create a bespoke recipe for any day of the year you like. As well as the recipe, there's a few hundred words of text describing the beer and its historical context and an image of the original brewing record.
Just click on the button below.
The post The Great Balkans Road Trip: Bucharest to Blackpool (Day 13) firs...
2 comments:
Ron, your "rubbish" as you call it, is a gold mine! I love this deep dive into mild's and all their variations. I just wish I could "taste along" as you lecture. I know you mention contemporary examples, when available, that's really good. Also helpful might be to have two or three reference example recipes from your books. Then maybe some of us could "brew along with Ron"!
I have been making videos about recipes for some of these beers. For example, there's one called "This is XXXX Ale" looking at the recipe of 1832 Truman XXXX Ale.
Post a Comment