Sunday 31 December 2017

What I've drunk recently

I'm feeling crap - why do I always get ill when I'm off work? - which is why you'll have to put up with this nothing post.

Dolores has been encouraging me to drink up some of my beer stock. Well, not so much encouraging as threatening me. I can't see what the fuss is. there can't be more than 70 or 80 bottles on our living room floor.

It's a radical departure for me. I usually drink little other than St. Bernardus Abt. I was surpised at how varied a set I'd drunk of late 
























6 comments:

Professor Pie-Tin said...

You work ?????!!!!

Anonymous said...

How was the Snab 1410 it has a great looking label was the beer as just as good?

John said...

Interesting collection; apart from the Jennings that I found was possibly the blandest beer ever, which even for Marston's is an achievement. Fuller's looks very interesting, might have to seek that one out.

Anonymous said...

Was the 5 Dollar $hake as questionable as it looks? Hope you feel better soon!

Ron Pattinson said...

Anonymous,

not sure what it tasted like. The kids drank that one.

Anonymous said...

As always, I'm astonished by the range of quality of label design in high end beer.

Some of them are great -- I love Snab and Partizan. But then you see something like Peak Organic Brewing, which looks about as original and distinctive as a label for cold medicine, coffee filters or bird seed.

Any marketer will tell you that noticable percentage of pricey beer drinkers will be buying purely based on the label, so I don't understand why brewers skip this detail. It can't cost more than a tiny fraction of a cent per beer to pay more for a good basic graphic design, and you don't even need to pay for a lot of color to have something striking, as the Brouwerij 't IJ labels show.