Wednesday 20 December 2017

Most popular posts

Inspired by Boak & Bailey's look at the stats for their blog, I decided to do the same. Not for this year, but all time.

I was surprised to note that four of the most popular were published this year, inlcuding the second most popular of all time. Even weirder, numbers 9 and 10 were posted on the same day in October this year.

post title date views
Beer in North Korea  21 Dec 2011 4270
A day with Carlsberg (part one) 3 Sep 2017 3733
A tale of two bars 22 Mar 2012 3225
Grätzer - it's official 5 Mar 2013 3034
A day with Carlsberg (part two) 4 Sep 2017 3027
Let's Brew Wednesday - 1850 Truman Double Stout 23 Dec 2015 2410
When was Brettanomyces discovererd? 29 Jun 2013 2089
Why I don't read beer magazines 30 Jan 2013 2038
I'm number two 7 Oct 2017 1864
German Dunkles in 2014 7 Oct 2017 1791

This is probably as retrospective as I'll be getting as the end of the year approaches. Most my head is already in next year, planning various trips and wondering about which books I should publish. I'm already assembling a list in my head for the latter.

I've several partially complete manuscripts. Which to finish off first? Victory! Vol. II is on the cards. But that could change. I'm also planning new, expanded editions of some existing books.

At the beginning of March the Historic Lager Festival will finally go ahead. I've been trying to get this off the ground for a couple of years.

Lots of collaboration brews planned. And a new dream: getting a range of Warwicks beers on the bar of a former warwicks pub. How difficult could that be? After all, I did get Watney's Red Barrel brewed this year. (And very nice it was, too.)

There's so much to look forward to. Why look back?

2 comments:

Matt said...

"There's so much to look forward to. Why look back?"

Or, as the theme tune to Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?, has it, "Tomorrow's almost over/Today went by so fast/The only thing to look forward to is the past".

Ron Pattinson said...

Matt,

much as I love Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads, when the past is all you've goot to look forward to your life is basically done.