Monday 25 December 2017

Drinkalongathon 2017: candy and a currant bun

11:15
A slightly later start this year. But with the same traditional Christmas breakfast: a bacon sarnie and fino sherry. It's a match made in heaven.


I hope at least one of you bastards is going to make the effort this year and drink along. Sometimes I wonder why I do this.

The kids are still asleep, obviously. Just as well as they've no beer left. They've managed to finish off two crates of Heineken since Saturday. Pissheads. I honestly don't know where they get it from. I tell a lie. Alexei has just awoken and said to Dolores: "Mmm, I can smell bacon." Frying bacon is always a good way to get him up.

Now I just need to consult Jamie to see how lon g I need to roast the duck.

6 comments:

Ed said...

It's just been pointed out to me you're in a different time zone. Does this mean I have to wait an hour before starting?

The Beer Nut said...

Merry Christmas Ron! Santa brought me some string and a soft-boiled egg, just in time.

J. Karanka said...

I'm going for Lincoln Club Cups:

Muddle a slice of lemon and orange with a dash of syrup. Pour two parts amontillado and one part of each brandy and sweet wine. Shake with ice and strain onto ice. Top with sparkling wine and garnish.

Ron Pattinson said...

Ed,

I'll let off anyone in North America for time-shifting, but not in the UK.

Ron Pattinson said...

J. Karanka,

that all sounds a bit complicated. I leave cocktail making to the kids.

Ron Pattinson said...

Beer Nut,

the Abt should have been easy to find.