Friday 12 November 2010

12th November 2010 - 2

18:55 St Bernardus Abt number two. It's been a hard week. That's my excuse. And the day has a Y in it.

1910 Fuller's log. The first of the legible years. A joy to transcribe. Unlike those from the scribbly years.

What's that Greek bloke called who had to keep pushing a boulder up a hill? Orpheus, isn't it? That's who I feel like working through my archive photos.

My spreadsheets now have so many columns, not even half fit on my wide-screen monitor. (I've had it for a year, but only realised yesterday that it's HD.) It's a right pain.

19:07 Dinner's making funny noises. Foil containers are microwave safe, aren't they?

19:11 Andrew's friends leave. I shuffle nervously from foot to foot then say "Dag."

5 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

Sisyphus.

Ron Pattinson said...

Beer Nut, no I'm totally clean.

Ed Carson said...

Orpheus was the guy who didn't trust his wife to follow him.

Sid Boggle said...

@BN: gesundheit!

I thought it was Tantalus. Orpheus played geetar, did a gig at the Classic Cavern for Hades, pulled a bird (Eurydice?) then she turned into a pillar of salt or sumthin' at the door on the way out. Bloody bouncers.

Martyn Cornell said...

Sid - no, Tantalus was the geezer who put his arm out to pick up his pint, only to see the beerglass retreat up the bar every time. Then, each time he tried to grab a pork pie, it scampered out of reach.