Saturday 28 August 2010

Relaunch

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

I'd hoped everyone wanted peace. But the sales of "Peace!" have been disappointing. Not sure what that says about human nature.

It got me thinking. Bit of a slim volume. Just 106 pages. Only two appendices. And nowhere near enough enormous tables of numbers. What was I thinking of? My next beer, most likely.

How could I improve it? Add an index, for a start. I hate books that don't have one. Home brewers. They like recipes. OK, add forty-something recipes. Should be a great book.

But, hang on. That's not enough. What else can I offer?

I know. Stuff from my new mega-table. With full details of grists and hopping rates. Pretty groovy stuff. Great idea. I've every year of Whitbread's Porters and Stouts from 1919 to 1939. I'll stick those in. With a few others because, well, I'm the generous type.

The partly-new "Peace!" is now available from all good bookstores. More than 80 extra pages! An index! Two new appendices! Buy several copies now.

No comments: