Saturday 25 February 2023

Cover competition

My massive book on WW II, "Blitzkrieg!", has been pretty much finished for longer than I care to think about. One of the reasons I haven't published it yet: lack of a cover.

Or rather, two covers, as it's too long to fit into a single book, weighing in at over 1,000 pages. I've had to split it into volumes: one with the history stuff, the other with the recipes. All 551 of them.

Unfortunately, my cover artist (Alexei) is currently otherwise occupied in South Korea for the next four months. Not being particularly artistic myself, I have to look elsewhere for an artist. That's where you come in.

Feel free to be as imaginative as you like. But I would like some sort of thematic consistency between the two covers.

What do you get out of it? Well, Kilderkin, my publishing arm, isn't drowning in cash. So I'll be paying in kind: 100 euros worth of my books. And, of course, credit as the illustrator.

Use the "GET IN TOUCH" gadget to the left to send in your submissions. 

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

No comments: