Tuesday 5 October 2010

Back home

I've just got back home from Boston. It may have been short, but it was certainly sweet.

Let's start with the beer: Pretty Things KK. Beautiful dark colour and citrusy aroma which, because the hops are English, also has earthy tones, too. Very complex and unlike anything I've had before. And scarily drinkable for a beer of almost 8% ABV. At the launch, it was available in four forms: handpulled, handpulled with a sparkler, gravity from a wooden cask and on CO2 pressure. They were all pretty good, but I had a slight preference for the sparkler version. Must be all those years I lived in Yorkshire.

I met loads of very nice people, who treated me very kindly. Dann, Martha and Jim from Pretty Things were great hosts.Will at Cambridge Brewing, Max and the crew at Deep Ellum, the gang at Lord Hobo. All were great fun. It was perfect for me. I could talk about beer non-stop without anyone falling asleep or blowing their brains out. Almost forgot the Trappist monks. Funny, funny guys.

6 comments:

Tim said...

Ron, it was a pleasure meeting you on Sunday and having a nice chat about beer. Glad to hear you enjoyed Boston and Cambridge. I hope there are future excuses to visit the past.

Oblivious said...

Ron do you know the grist they used for Pretty Things KK?

Ron Pattinson said...

Tim, it was nice to chat. I hope to be over in Boston again in the not too distant future.

Ron Pattinson said...

Oblivious, pale malt, brown malt and sugar, I believe.

Oblivious said...

"Oblivious, pale malt, brown malt and sugar, I believe"

Somthing similar to withbreads K 1901 1.65% brown, 13% sugar (No3?) and the rest pale malt?

Ron Pattinson said...

Oblivious, yes, something like that.