Thursday 8 August 2024

Me and Mikey in Düsseldorf

Just a couple of days after getting back from South America, I was back on the road again. Quite literally, as Mikey was driving us there.

Don't worry this isn't going to be a detailed report. More a photo essay.

Quite a lot of Altbier was drunk, especially by me.. Starting with a bottle of Füchschen.

Then visited a new Brauereiausschank:


 A nice, traditional type pub. But, sadly, only selling keg.

 

Guess where was on our way into town?

No keg here, mind.

Important to have some ballast:

Random pub.

It was fairly busy:

There's even Alt in my hotel room.

Another brewery for lunch:

Time for a light lunch.

Cocktail time.

Another pub.

Another Alt.

Yet more Alt.

A very light supper.

Followed by a new Alt. First time trying Kürzer for me.

Lazy Sunday afternoon.

More noodles.

The one brewery we didn't drink in.

I couldn't miss Zum Uerige, though.

Still as bitter as ever, Uerige Alt.

Cocktail time again.

Big Schlüssel.

As you can see, a trip full of culture and learning.


4 comments:

Matt said...

I've been to Düsseldorf numerous times, although not for a few years now. As well as visiting all the Altstadt brewpubs, I once made it out to the Frankenheim brewery tap just north of the city centre which I quite liked, and is the only time I've drunk that beer on draught rather than from a bottle (it seemed back then to be the standard Alt sold by bars at the airport, railway stations and other public places).

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see those cocktail photos, because based on your South America posts I was pretty sure you hated beer now.

Anonymous said...

Pork knuckle for lunch, you lucky sob

Anonymous said...

Surprised to see see you having a bottle of Füchschen Alt at a pub rather than draught.

Dunphys had Füchschen Alt on and gave Stephen 400ml glases which he couldn’t use due to beer measures of the ROI.
Oscar