Friday 22 December 2023

Bum

Just been gardening the "Keg!" manuscript. Going through random sections, pruning words and replanting sentences. All good fun, and part of the iterative process of writing a book.

I laid the keel of the book quickly. As I always do. Plonking down the chapters and subsections like a world-creating god. Racing through the easy-to-write already-in-my-head bits in a few days. Yeah! Dead productive.

Reading back through, it's good stuff. And I'm sure most of it is true. But where are the references? So many assertions without sources. Which is what I'd say if someone else had written it.

It's like seeing a sink hole appear a foot in front of your feet. Fuck. I've become my own worst enemy.

Referencing is going to take way more time than the writing. And be so much fun. Has to be done, though. Hello rod, hello my back.

I'll see you in March.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a child of the seventies I am so looking forward to this book. It will be a truely unique publication Every other writer avoids keg even though there were some good tasting keg beers. And, of course, most craft beers that are fashionable today are keg and supermarket bottled beers are pasturised and have gas added. That's keg to me and I like some of them. Get on with it Ron.

PeeBee said...

Dah! Pull yourself together! Here, this might help, do what I do ...

Buy loads of books from this site written by this by this guy called "Ronald Pattinson".

https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/andrewsblag

List loads of bogus references to these books ... no-one really follows them up anyway, but those that do will surely get an interesting read.

Dead easy! And I won't snitch if you do this.