Saturday 25 December 2021

Drinkalongathon 2021 - bacon sarnie and fino sherry


12:30

 It's a late start this year. I was too busy enjoying my kip. No point getting up early as we got our presents according to German tradition - yesterday evening.

I still kick off with a traditional bacon sandwich and some sherry. A vert dry one, obviously. Sweet sherry just wouldn't go with bacon. The salty yumminess of the bacon combines brilliantly with the grapey dryness of the sherry. Always a good way to start the day.

Now is a good time to check that you have the correct number of pieces of string and that all are regulation length.

2 comments:

Chris Pickles said...

What do you consider to be a good fino? I've been very disappointed lately whenever I have had one. I notice that the abv is lower than it used to be and the flavour is less pungent and generally doesn't hold together well.

qq said...

@Chris
Thing with fino (and manzanilla even more so) is that it needs to be fresh, so you need to buy it from places with reasonable turnover. Too often it gets stuck on a shelf at a retailer from last Christmas, and it's just no good.