Sunday 26 February 2017

Scottish book update

Not that you'll be interested. But when has that stopped me? My blog is an ode to the obscure.

The main text is, as of this morning when finally wrote a bit about colouring, done. Doesn't mean the book is done. Recipes are part of it, too.

100 detailed recipes, 25 for each chapter. Plus another 250 bare bones jobs. I'm almost there. 85,000 words, as of now. Just need to dedicate the rest of my weekend to recipes.

The book is shaping up to be about double the size of my "proper" one. Which this one should, eventually, be as well. Professionally published, I mean. Nicely washed and trimmed.

I'd rush to get your copy when I publish it (probably next week). It won't be around for long.

Dolores is calling me for my tea. Salmon. Yum. I'll leave you with some pretty DDR Rolands.









3 comments:

Elektrolurch said...

Uh,cool, another DDR label post...
WAIT A MINUTE-Weisser Bock?? From the DDR days...?
Weisser...Bock?
Was it actually Weizenbock, does anyone have any idea?
Very fascinating, to say the least!

Ron Pattinson said...

Elektrolurch,

unfortunately, I think it just means a pale Bock, not a wheat one.

Elektrolurch said...

Yeah, you are probably right, Ron. Was my first thought as well, but one can dream.
Still...sometimes I wish I had a time machine to go back in time and drink long forgotten beers from all kinds of time periods.
But heck, who I am telling that?..
DDR beer is really a fascinating topic though.