Tuesday 17 June 2014

Amsterdam Vintage Beer Festival


Yet another event where I'll try and foist my new book on anyone with enough dosh in their sky rocket. A bit closer to home, this time. In my own back yard, in fact. A challenging 30-minute tram ride from my house.

Which pleases Dolores, who worries about the amount of travelling I've been doing. She has a point.

Some of the hottest local breweries - Butcher's Tears, Brouwerij de Molen, Jopen, Oedipus en Oersoep - have made recipes from my latest book. For one day only they'll be available at a mini-festival in Arendsnest.

I'm really looking forward to it. Not just because it's a chance to shift some books. It fulfills the ultimate purpose of  me publishing the thing in the first place (the real reason for any of my research): I get to taste the beers I see in brewing records.

I'll be doing some talking, too. That'll certainly encourage you to rty the beers on offer, if only to distract you from my droney voice. Having given a couple of talks at the AHA Conference last week, I'm growing to like the sound of my own voice. Not sure everyone shares my enthusiasm.

Vintage Beer Festival
28th June, 13:00–16:00
Proeflokaal Arendsnest
Herengracht 90,
1015 BS Amsterdam.
https://www.facebook.com/events/814039351939635/

This is my new book, in case you're a goldfish:
The Home Brewer's Guide to Vintage Beer.

No comments: