Wednesday 25 December 2013

Drinkalongathon 2013 - Prior and goat cheese thingies

14:35

Don't want to shoot my bolt prematurely. That's why I've reined back to Prior.

The slight dodginess of the Prior (always on the cusp of infection) augments the goatiness of the cheese in a precocious but not pretentious way. Top pairing.

As you can see, I didn't have a great deal of Prior left when Dolores finally fucking served our starter*.

I swigged a South African Sauvignon Blanc through most of the meal. Not so sure that its acidy thinginess worked quite do well with the fatty cheesiness of the cheese thingy.






* Accusation is of a purely writing technical nature. The starter was served at the appointed time and was delicious. Can you take the knife away from my throat now, Dolores?


No comments: