Sunday 16 December 2007

Essen

I would tell you about The Essen Kerstbierfestival. But I left my notebook on the train. Oh dear.

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale. That's all I can remember. Very nice. Very, very nice. I had six or seven of them.

Met lots of people. Hi, everyone. Nice to have seen you again.

Many thanks to Reinhard, who gave me a bottle of Narke Kaggen Stormakts Porter. I'm looking forward to that.

No, I haven't forgotten. Brettanomyces: the musical will follow. Tomorrow. Probably. It depends if I finish typing in the details of Guinness ouptut 1800-1960 into a spreadsheet. Loads and loads of numbers. Perfect for a blog post. The varying fortunes of Guinness Porter. That's a likely theme. Can't wait, can you?

2 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

If I wasn't such a cruel bastard I'd offer to swap the musical for a post on Guinness porter, but...

That is all.

Bier-Mania!™ Cultural Beer Tours said...

Hello Ron,
Hope you had a good one. Ardennes and De Cam were awesome. We got through around 80 beers (different ones).
Take it easy,
Andy