Monday 17 December 2007

Brettanomyces: the musical

Money talks. Beer sings.

Tetley's Mild is punk, in my mind. I spent the Summer of Hate in Leeds. The city was blessed with a pantheon of small venues and countless pubs selling the exquisite Tetley's Mild. How many people combined the two, I'm not sure. I did. And Matt. Pete sometimes. I won't mention Tim because he's become a Lagerboy.

Music and beer. As inseperable as tits and arse, Bialystok and Blum, George and Michael. If only my beer could sing.

If Mild is punk, what's brettanomyces beer? Stockhausen?

A Stockhausen musical. Now that would be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brett just happens. Just like prog metal.

The Beer Nut said...

Congrats on finishing the list. Now you just need to link the posts to the list in the left-hand column, and begin taking suggestions for the next one.

Ron Pattinson said...

I think I'll wait a while before starting a new list. There's lots more to post about Guinness. I'm hoping to have time to read over christmas. I've asked Santa for a new Guinness book. I'm so excited.