Monday 19 June 2023

Finally it's here!

Or rather they are here. As it's a book in two volumes. Blitzkrieg! My nook on brewing in WW II.

My original plan was to publish in 2020. I missed that deadline by the tiniest bit. Here we are in 2023 and it's finally done. A couple of roadblocks delayed me for quite a while.

The first was the restrictions on brewing during the war. I found it surprisingly hard to track down the details. A problem I didn't have with WW I. Then there are the two volumes.

Why did I split the book into two? I could say, because I didn't want to lumber non-homebrewers with hundreds of recipes. Truth is, the book was simply too big for Lulu at over 1,000 pages.

The reason it's so long is also why it took so long to complete. The 550-odd recipes took a while to assemble. As you cam imagine.

With the publication of this book, another section of my history of UK brewing over the last 200 years is complete. The other books being Armistice!, Peace! and Austerity!. Together, the four books cover 1914 to 1973. A big chunk of the 20th century. The current book I'm working on, Free!, coves 1880 to 1914. Not sure when that will be published. Possibly nest year. More likely the year after.

The first volume cover all the fun history bits: brewing materials, techniques and equipment. Along with beer styles and background information about taxation, pubs and brewing restrictions. Even if I say so myself, it's pretty groovy stuff.

Get your copy now!

The second volume contains the recipes. But not just that. There are also overviews of some of the breweries covered, showing their beers at the start and the end of the conflict.

Buy one now and be the envy of your friends!

Both covers are courtesy Russell Gibbon, one of my readers.


1 comment:

Russell Gibbon said...

What nice looking books!