Sunday, 12 July 2026

Beery suggestions for Canada

A Labatt IPA beermat.
Next week I'm off to Canada with the kids. Two weeks of North American fun.

I've been rather busy and haven't done much in the way of research about what we're going to do when we're there. I say I've been busy. That's true. But I've also been a lazy git.

Any pubs and brewpubs you could recommend would be most appreciated. This is our schedule so you'll know where we'll be:

15th-18th July Toronto
19th-20th July Ottawa
21st-24th July Montreal
25th-27th July Quebec City

I've only been to Toronto before so I'm totally clueless about the other three cities.

If you fancy meeting up and buying me some beer, get in touch. I',m a sociable fellow and always enjoy meeting new people.

Hopefully, it's not going to be too warm in Canada. Andrew really doesn't cope with heat well. When we were in Japan a few years back, several times I thought he was going to drop dead. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quando vier ao Brasil poderia pesquisar as cervejas brasileiras históricas

Daniel Boisvert said...

In Montreal, I would recommend "La Chope Angus", "Le Relais Boréal", "Mellon", "Le Cheval Blanc", "Dieu du Ciel", "Boswell" or "Pub Pit Caribou", depending on where you stay.

Been a while since I went for a beer in Quebec city, but you might try "Archibald" or "Noctem"

Anonymous said...

In Toronto - Bar Volo, Birreria Volo, True History Brewing, Godspeed Brewery, C'est What, Granite brewpub.

Guillaume C.L. said...

Someone's already suggested some good places in Toronto (though I disagree with Birreria Volo). I'd just like to add Thirsty and Miserable, and Bar Hop.

For Quebec City I'd like to add, Bateau de Nuit, The Duchess D'Aiguillon, Griendel, and La Korrigane.

Montreal is already well covered, but I'd double down on Mellön, and add Vices & Versa to that list.

Hope you enjoy your time!

Anonymous said...

Toronto? Hope the smoke clears. Montreal? Walk along St. Denis, through the Old Port and use the subway - a brutalist masterpiece. Get to the Atwater or Jean Talon markets to gawk at produce if you are into that sort of thing. Ottawa is a harder one. The formerly fabulous Byward Market area is a bit grim but wandering through the Glebe to the south is good. For pure Canadiana, there is a CFL game in Ottawa on Sunday the 19th which you could watch and then got to the fabulous Irene's tavern nearby. Sorry I can't come find you. I am house bound myself and can't get on the road due to the delivery driver role with kids and their jobs.

Alan
AGBB
Kingston, Ontario

Anonymous said...

Not gonna lie, the real good beer in Canada is on the other coast.