I explain the dropping system of fermentation.
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For locations inside Europe.
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For the USA, Canada, Australia and other locations outside Europe.
Make your birthday special - by brewing a beer originally made on that date.
For a mere 25 euros, I'll create a bespoke recipe for any day of the year you like. As well as the recipe, there's a few hundred words of text describing the beer and its historical context and an image of the original brewing record.
Just click on the button below.
The post The Great Balkans Road Trip: Skopje – Niš – Belgrade (Day 7) f...
1 comment:
In dropping the fermenting beer, oxygen is deliberately introduced to reinvigorate the fermentation, but some yeasts also produce diacetyl from this. This is part of the profile in some beers, but I dislike it. Yeasts that require this shot of O2 are also selected by this process and if they don’t get it, they tend to under attenuate. As a homebrewer, I often used it to speed up the whole process, but I had to choose my yeast accordingly.
Post a Comment