Saturday 30 March 2013

Why I've been busy

You may have noticed that, over the last 3 months, my blog posts haven't been quite as expansive or frequent as usual. There's a good reason for that. I've been busy with something else.

I've not mentioned my other project because, well, I didn't want to be premature. Rather wait until it was done and dusted, in case it all went tits up. I know, I'm paranoid.

Now that the manuscript has been sent in and all the images are sorted out, I feel comfortable telling you about my proper book, The Homewbrewer's Guide to Vintage Beers, due out sometime this year.

It covers British beer styles 1800 to 1950. There's a history of each style, followed buy a series of historical recipes. I'm not sure how many recipes will make the final cut, but probably at least 50 or 60.

I almost forgot the tables. Plenty of those, too. You can't have a book without numbers.

I'll let you know more as the publication date approaches.

11 comments:

Velky Al said...

Sweet!

I look forward to buying a copy and getting brewing!

Mark Andersen said...

Nice! I will definitely get a copy of this.

Now we just need you to start a factory that makes inverted sugar and we'll be able to brew most of the recipes in the book.

doug said...

Awesome! Already put it on my Amazon wish list. Looking forward to getting a copy.

Stott Noble said...

And a source for electropositive, beer-stable, class-III caramel colorant!

Great news on the book!

Bill said...

Ordered mine on March 23rd. Apparently Amazon knew things we didn't.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!

dana said...

Seems like the obvious thing for you to do, now that you mention it. You'll be famous for sure!
And, as with the Pretty Things Once Upon A Time series, you'll be educating people everywhere about beer history. Genius!

pintwell said...

I am very excited about this! Going to pre-order soon!

Gary Gillman said...

Well done. And next surely should be, "Craft Brewers' Guide To Historical Beers'.

Gary

Edd Draper said...

I dropped hints to the missus right away...it's definitely on my list. Well done!

Edward said...

Please include a section with the substitution info that is spread throughout the comments on the let's brew posts. I would buy the book if it had nothing else but a chapter with all of that info in one place (ie: MFB sp aromatic for diastatic amber malt, how to make your own invert, etc). Is Kristen helping with the recipes?