Friday 9 November 2012

Promoting War

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu. I'll be honest, you, my public, have never quite shared my enthusiasm for war. Mmm. Makes me sound like Lord Palmerston.

Let's have another try.

None of you bastards have bought "War!". Bastards. It's dead good. Jokes. Recipes. Tables. Food Control Orders. The lot. Buy the bloody thing or I'll come around and clip your toenails. With a chainsaw.

Perhaps that's a tad aggressive.

Third try.

You really should give this book a try. It's breaking my heart how little you appreciate it. I've put loads of work into it with all the tables and recipes and everything. Lots of you, I'm sure, would really love it. Please follow the link and take a look at the preview.

Was that too wet? No, I didn't think so, either. Struck just the right tone.

Buy "War!" now. Or I'll continue with these annoying plugs.

4 comments:

Ed said...

The trouble is Ron I can't help but think that all the war recipes will be a bit crap. Maybe if you gave some of the beer highlights the hard sell I'd be more tempted.

Ron Pattinson said...

Ed, the opposite is true. The recipes are more intersting than pre- or post-war. The 1945 Barclay Perkins X Ale that Pretty Things brewed is a good example. Very unusual grist.

Arctic Alchemy said...

Once again ..I'll bite....my library is busting out with authors that begin with P however.

Arctic Alchemy said...

Ah, scratch that last comment, I do own war! already, I remember buying it now with London and Bitter!, just haven't read it yet ( shame on me) but all hope is not dashed, I will pick up 1909! then. That will bring my Pattinson book total to 10.

Cheers !