Friday, 24 July 2026

Montreal - a preview

A preview of mine rand the kids Canada trip. 

 These are my notes. The final text may differ. *

I have a look at the places that have been suggested to me. The name Dieu du Ciel cropped up a couple of times. It's not too far away. That'll do.

We set off about 14:30. We should catch it at a quiet time. The neighbourhood it's in seems pretty lively. Lots of shops, restaurants and bars.

Dieu du Ciel has quite a pubby feel. Reinforced by the presence of two handpulls. It's deserted inside and we have our choice of seats.

"Ooh, look!. They've got a cask Mild."

"You get excited so easily, Dad." Andrew retorts.

"I know. It's wonderful, isn't it?"

"No, not really."

I get a pint of Mild, obviously. It's really rather nice. The kids go for something Lagery. There's a really good variety of beers on offer. Two cask beers (the other is an Ordinary Bitter), two Stouts, Bavarian Helles and Amber, a Hefeweizen and, of curse, a couple of IPAs, including a non-sludge one.

 

* It certainly fucking will.
 

 

 

No comments: