Sunday 25 December 2011

Gift idea #12: Amsterdam Pub Guide

What better place to end than at the beginning? And the Amsterdam Pub Guide is where my publishing career began way back in  . . . now what year was it? Can't remember, to be honest

Yes, Mini Book Series volume 1. At the time I published, I didn't have my plans for a series of books fully formed. Come to think of it, I still don't. There were supposed to be 11 volumes. But I'm fairly certain I've issued at least 13 volumes, a couple with the same volume number. Hang on, "Scotland" is volume XIV and wasn't "Trips! (East)" volume XIII? I don't envy someone the job of trying to catalogue my books. Even I can't keep track of them

You'll probably have noticed the more professional-looking cover. That's because it was designed by a proper graphic artist, Craig Gravina. Thanks Craig.

More books. That's what the New Year should bring. "Strong!", the final volume in my Mega Book Series, is my number one priority. And maybe "Lager!", if I decide to extend the series to five volumes.

Buy the Amsterdam Pub Guide now! If you plan coming to Amsterdam. Not much point otherwise.

5 comments:

Rod said...

Ron -
you know every time I see you, and every other opportunity I get, I implore you to write the history of cold fermentation - Lager!, a properly structured book about this least-written-about yet very important and fascinating part of beer history.
You have just given me the opportunity to do so again, so -
Lager! Lager! lager!

Ed said...

Looking forward to Strong! Will there be a drinkalongwithron today?

Andrew Elliott said...

I believe a significant portion of Lager! was done in Decoction! (of which I'm a proud ownder).

Merry Christmas Ron, and All.

Craig said...

The cover of that book is absolutely stunning. The designer must be a genius.

Rod said...

Andrew
Don't let Ron off the hook - there is very interesting stuff in Decoction, but we need (and I do mean need) a proper structured book on the history of how cold fermentation conquered the World. Except Britain. Or Belgium.