Sunday, 4 October 2026

Retired

An enamel sign depicting a handled mug of Tetley Mild, with an insert of a monocled huntsman.
I'm so enjoying being retired. I just wish I'd done it twenty years earlier. Or thirty.

What are the upsides?

  1. I don't have to go to work.
  2. I have 365 days of holiday a year (366 in leap years). 
  3. I don't have an idiot boss.
  4. I can spend the afternoon down the pub. 
  5. No more emails to answer. 
  6. I can get up at whatever time I like.
  7. I don't have to go to work.
  8. I can spend my time as I choose. 
  9. I don't have to interact with idiot colleagues.
  10. No more pointless meetings.
  11. I don't have to go to work. 

 What are the downsides?

 None that I can think of.

I can thoroughly recommend retirement. The earlier you take it, the better. 

No comments: