Another little video prompted by a viewer request. I explain underlet mashing, a favourite technique of English brewers for more than a century.
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For locations inside Europe.
Buy a signed paperback edition of the Homebrewer's Guide to Vintage Beer. For the USA, Canada, Australia and other locations outside Europe.
Make your birthday special - by brewing a beer originally made on that date.
For a mere 25 euros, I'll create a bespoke recipe for any day of the year you like. As well as the recipe, there's a few hundred words of text describing the beer and its historical context and an image of the original brewing record.
Just click on the button below.
The post The Great Balkans Road Trip: Skopje – Niš – Belgrade (Day 7) f...
2 comments:
Thank you for the explanation. I am a homebrewer and used to do what I called an underlet mash but now I know I was only partially correct. Instead of heating my water in a mash kettle and stirring in the grains I used to fill the mash kettle with crushed grains first then added my heated water/liquor through the bottom ball valve on the kettle. It required some fiddling about with temperatures for a few batches to get the end result where I wanted it but doing it that wall all but eliminated the forming of dough balls. In the end however I abandoned that technique and went back to the typical homebrewers method.
Thanks Ron
As a keen homebrewer and someone obsessed by brewing techniques this is very interesting. Can't get enough info on brewing process. After many years of brewing on on a gravity 3 vessel system I bought a Braumeister when I retired. Just kegged my 133 rd brew on it.
Post a Comment