After distractions like being in Canada and writing very interprative recollections of my time there. I returned, remarkably quickly, to my day job. Doing this beer history writing thing. I've knocked out a fair few words this week.
With a few distractions, admittedly. Like the last volume of my epic trilogy of being abused by my kids on holiday. Which I'm fucking paying for, incidentally.
Being a good boy while away, I knocked about 75% of the trip reports. 8,000 words. Way more than usually. Hooray. For me. The last volume of my epic trilogy of being abused by my kids on holiday. If the tempation of a free all-you-can-drink holiday is too much for them to resist next year, I may need to start a new volume.
Returning to the "Free!" manuscript, it was depressing to see my original publicaion date was November. 2022. How optimistic was that? I've been wofking on this book for more than four years.
What did I do this week? Complete the chapter Lonson Strong Burton Ale. A couple of thousand words. And some other random bits I filled while scrolling through the manuscript. That's the way I work. I create the structur: headings and subheadings, then just fill them in. Starting with the easy bits. The stuff I know off the top of my head.
Like the introductory text about IPA I wrote yesterday. Which left the manuscript at 188,000 words, 730 pages.The recipes are fairly close to completion. The beer style section, not so much. Hence the Strong Burton Ale stuff.
I really need to the book finished this year. Oh, and release "Shut up, Dad." Which is just about done. Just about.
No comments:
Post a Comment