I'm not letting up with these videos. This new one is about Milk Stout. A really weird style that somehow has come back to life. I never expected that.
You're right about milk stout being seen as something drunk by older women. I wonder how much of that association is down to the trio of them who supped it in the snug of the Rover's Return in Coronation Street. In the late eighties I spent most Friday nights with a group of mates from Sixth Form in a large Whitbread pub in south Manchester. Amongst the pints of bitter, lager, Guinness and cider, one girl stood out because she only ever drank bottles of Mackesons.
You're right about milk stout being seen as something drunk by older women. I wonder how much of that association is down to the trio of them who supped it in the snug of the Rover's Return in Coronation Street. In the late eighties I spent most Friday nights with a group of mates from Sixth Form in a large Whitbread pub in south Manchester. Amongst the pints of bitter, lager, Guinness and cider, one girl stood out because she only ever drank bottles of Mackesons.
ReplyDelete