Yet another video. This time looking into the history of Berliner Weuisse. A style which, sadly, is close to extinction.
Was Brettanomyces a feature of pretty much all beers, that weren't mild? Was it the use of stainless steel that changed that?
Probably.
Why would air-dried malt be smoked?
That's a very good question. To which I have no answer.
The Kindl Weisse really is terrible. I realised that the reason people drink it with a straw is because that way you don’t smell the putrid vomit aroma it has.
Ulrike (Schneeeule) is up and running again in some capacity.
Was Brettanomyces a feature of pretty much all beers, that weren't mild? Was it the use of stainless steel that changed that?
ReplyDeleteProbably.
DeleteWhy would air-dried malt be smoked?
ReplyDeleteThat's a very good question. To which I have no answer.
DeleteThe Kindl Weisse really is terrible. I realised that the reason people drink it with a straw is because that way you don’t smell the putrid vomit aroma it has.
ReplyDeleteUlrike (Schneeeule) is up and running again in some capacity.
ReplyDelete